BE PREPARED! What's in YOUR Meet Bag???
Student-athletes should have, at a minimum, the following in their ‘Meet Bag’ (duffel bag or back pack that they keep packed and take to every meet, that has a luggage tag of some kind with their phone number on it and Norcross High School):
- Water bottle (the school will be providing coolers with ice water but will NOT provide cups. Student-athletes need to bring a refillable water bottle WITH THEIR NAME ON IT :)
- Personal snacks – until we get set up to accept donations from parents for bananas, apples, oranges, granola bars, and peanut butter crackers - each athlete is responsible for bringing their own.
- Mini-cooler/Lunch Box - Each student-athlete should also bring THEIR OWN *healthy* lunch so they can eat it during the biggest lull in their schedule
- Spike shoes (if necessary) with tool and spikes (if you have them)
- Race-running shoes (aka Trainers) (they should not be wearing their new running shoes to walk around in all day – they are for practice and racing only!)
- Money (please do NOT eat concession stand junk, and if you must, do it AFTER ALL your events are over!)
- Umbrella and/or rain jacket/pants
- Sweatshirt and warmup pants
- Blanket, comforter, or sleeping bag - to stay warm in during the down time when it's sub-50 degrees
- Warm hat/headband to cover ears/gloves – to keep warm when waiting for events
- Sunscreen in case it’s sunny (you know the Atlanta weather can change quickly!)
- Sunglasses/Sun/baseball hat – sunglasses cannot be worn during competition, but are fine between events
- Full change of clothes
- Extra socks (running in wet socks if it rains is miserable. One pair per event is a good way to prepare)
- Something to do in the down-time (homework!!!, books to read, etc.) – do not expect to find an outlet to plug in electronics/phones in to recharge during the day.